Nowadays, there are many ways from Hai Phong to Cat Ba island. There are 5 options for you to choose, let’s take a look on them.
Hoang Long takes you by bus and speed boat (1 and half hour), cost 150000 VND (7 USD).
- Departures time: From 4 Le Thanh Tong – Hai Phong: 8h00, 10h00, 14h00, 16h00
- Contact : Hoang Long office in Hai Phong.
- Add: 4 Le Thanh Tong – Hai Phong city.
Take a car, motor bike or bicycle to Hai Phong city, then take the slow ferry (every hour) from Dinh Vu ferry station to Cat Hai island. Drive 7 km to the Got ferry station. Take the ferry to Phu Long then drive 40 mins to Cat Ba town. (Cost 3 hours: Hai Phong – Cat Hai island – Cat Ba Town – cheaper than taking the ferry or hydrofoil).
You can take a bus or car from Ha Noi to Hai Phong, stopping at Ben Binh ferry station. There are Hydrofoils to Cat Ba town, talking 45 minutes. Departure: 9h00. Cost = 9 USD on Hoang Yen hydrofoil; 10 USD on the speed boat: Mekong Express.
Cat Ba Island Resort & Spa hydrofoil takes you 45 minutes from Ben Binh ferry station to Cat Ba, cost = 8 USD (low season from September – April).
- Departure time at Ben Binh: 7h00; 9h00; 13h00; 15h00
- Departure time at Cat Ba: 8h00; 10h00; 14h00; 16h00
There are slow ferries to Cat Ba taking 3 hours, that cost: 5 USD. Departure: 6h00 and 12h20.
* Departure time:
- From Haiphong: 8h30, 9h00
- From Cat Ba: 14h45, 15h00
- From Hai Phong: 12h20
- From Cat Ba: 5h45
The Hai Phong Development Joint-stock Company takes you 1 hour and 20 minutes from Ben Binh harbor by a high speed boat to Phu Long (The speed boat also takes bicycle and motor bike). Then connects with a bus to Cat Ba Town.
Cost 6.5 USD = 130000 VND (low season from September – April)
- Departure from Ben Binh (at the corner): 7h00, 10h00, 13h00, 16h00
- Departure from Cat Ba town (Cat Ba tourist wharf – waiting lounge): 7h00, 10h00, 13h00, 16h00
The Cat Ba Tourist Transportation Company takes you 1 hour and 30 minutes from Ben Binh harbour by mini bus to Dinh Vu ferry station and connects with a high speed boat to Phu Long (The speed boat also takes bicycle and motor bike). Then a mini bus takes you to Cat Ba Town. It cost = 140 000 VND = 7 USD.
– Warning: The price in our website is real price of company, but you should be careful. Because there are some bad women (tourist hunters) who hang around the boat dock and sell overpriced tickets. If the weather is bad, do not be talked into paying extra for the buses to the alternative port and on Cat Ba back to the main living area, this should be included in your original ticket price.
* Departure time:
- From Ben Binh harbour: 06h20, 08h10, 09h30, 13h20, 15h10, 16h35
- From Dinh Vu ferry: 07h15, 08h45, 10h10, 14h45, 15h45, 17h15
- From Cat Ba Town: 06h00, 08h00, 09h00, 12h30, 14h30, 16h10
- From Phu Long : 06h45, 08h30, 09h40, 13h30, 15h30, 17h00